Published April 2, 2021
This past week the Connecticut Apartment Association (CTAA) held their annual Nutmeg Awards, one of the most anticipated nights of the year for Connecticut’s multifamily industry. The night held much expectation for who would be crowned in each of the highly coveted categories.
Jessica Olander, the CTAA’s Executive Director, and Cindy Harrison, CTAA Events Committee Chair, emceed the one-hour virtual event last Thursday night. The event kicked off with a farewell address from Justin Gaboury of Cushman & Wakefield, outgoing CTAA President. Afterward, Trio’s own Kelly DeMatteo, the incoming CTAA President provided a glimpse of what’s to come. The evening’s agenda also featured special guest and Chairman of the Board for the National Apartment Association, Rick Graf, with warm, enthusiastic words of encouragement for all the CTAA members headed into the second quarter of 2021 after a long year of Zoom meetings and change management. Following the CTAA Board of Directors installation, the real fun began…the announcement of the 2020 Nutmeg Awards.
This year Trio nominated nine deserving teams or properties. They took home three big wins: Harbor Heights for Community of the Year 1-10 Years, Rivers Bend for Community of the Year 25+ Years, and David Pinkham for Maintenance Supervisor of the Year.
Trio would like to extend a huge congratulations to all the nominees and winners from this year’s CTAA Nutmeg Awards but would especially like to congratulate Trio’s nominees:
- Community of the Year 1-10 Years: Harbor Heights Apartments
- Community of the Year 25+ Years: Rivers Bend Apartments
- Leadership Award: Xiomara Saez
- Property Manager of the Year: Lauren Wheeler at Trail Run Apartments
- Maintenance Team of the Year: Dino Vargas and Onassis Beras at Knoll Crest Apartments
- Maintenance Supervisor of the Year: David Pinkham at Rivers Bend Apartments
- Maintenance Technician of the Year: Pete Rivera at Capewell Lofts & Atlantic Works
- Office Professional of the Year: Melissa Georges at Rivers Bend Apartments
- Management Company of the Year: Trio Properties
All the nominees should feel honored to be recognized alongside some of the best peers and professionals in the multifamily industry today.
Trio is eagerly waiting for this year’s CTAA Nutmeg Awards and cannot wait for nomination time to begin!